Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I Found This Awesome Journal In A Ditch

12/15/29000 BC - 39° N 76° W
I am a hunter. I am one of the leaders of the tribe. I live in North America. Most of the tribe depends on my hunting. We need animals for food and clothing. We use caves as shelters. My family does not see me very much because I am hunting. My Father is the leader of the tribe. Soon he will die and my older brother will become leader. Most people in our tribe short lives but our family has always lived longer. It is winter and colder than usual. The food is very scare this winter. The enmies of the tribe are another tribe who are dying out. To survive they steal food and sometimes even babies from us. My name is Matha. My fathers name is Mat. My father is the wisest man. My wive's name is Noka. I have an twelve year-old son who does not have a name yet. He will probably be Matha II. All my family lives in one cave. My family includes me, my wife, my son, my father, my older brother, my brother's wife and children and some important elders. The cave is built in to a cliff face and is very high. Other smaller caves are connected.
12/16/29000
I have a lucky hunting stone which I always carry when I hunt. Everyone works for themselves in the tribe. My lucky stone can kill a rabbit and a squirrel in one slash and kan kill a deer or other big animals with the help of a boulder. I also hunt with animals claws and Teeth. We use fire to cook our meals. There is a bay nearby to get water. We speak Jalpese. This winter food is very scarce. Many people are dying. When I am out hunting I find a stranger. Even though he speaks Jalpenese his language is strangely the same. He gives me a bird he calls the oriole. We call it the Baltimore Oriole since we live in Baltimore.
1/1/27999
He brings good luck. People stop dying. Winter ends. As a celebration of the good luck and the new year we dropped a stone from a tree. This is how the tradition of dropping a ball when the new year came from.
1/4/27999
Today I am out hunting. I find a field with tall brown grass. A rabbit runs through the field. Some parts of the grass fall off. The rabbit eats these things. I try eating them. Mmm... wholesome and delicous. I name it wheat. I collect some wheat. Later that day I grind the wheat with my hunting stone. I mix the wheat with water. And put it over rocks over the fire. It become solid. I eat it. Mmm... wholesome and delicious. I call this bread. Then I go home and share with the tribe wheat and fire. Today I find a man named MoJo. He gives me strange and mysterious food to which I say Mmm... wholesome and delicous. I also give him wheat.

It is a cold winter. Not even Clepo (what we named the baltimore oriole) can bring good weather. Meat and Wheat are scare. Right now I am teaching my son to hunt with Clepo. My son says he is cold. I tell him no true hunter is cold and he should. son does very bad hunting. Clepo does most of the work. We see a deer. Clepo pecks on the deers head. The deer raises his front legs giving me a perfect chance at his heart. I attack with my bear claw. I tell my son to bring it back and prepare it. I cannot find anything else on my hunt. When I get back the snow is three knees high or 1+1/2 legs high. The temperature is 2 layers of deerskin. Even Clepo sleeps in side the cave tonite. When we wake up the entrance is blocked with a snow drift. Clepo trys to peck through it but it is frozen solid. Clepo finds an opening. It is one knee high and one knee across. We bring all our food and all our people. We meet an other tribe. in the tunnel. We fight them. They kill Clepo. We run back to our cave Clepo is about to be burned when he becomes alive again. He is very sick. I go to Old Flexico to find my friend MoJo I find he has moved to Sumer. I see the plans for a Sky Jig. I make a Sky Jig. I like flying it. Clepo can not fly right now. He likes to sit on top of it. I make some sky jigs for my wife and son. We decided to move to Sumer to visit my friend. We cannot decide whether to go the long safe way or the short dangerous way. my father has given me permission to live a way from my tribe if we want to. We decide to go the short dangerous way across the big waters. We attach food to the Sky Jigs. We are prepared to go at the dark of 22 bright lights after the white cold fluffy stuff. We leave on 23 bright lights since the white cold fluffy stuff. We soon reach the big waters. We take turns sleeping on top of each other. 7 bright lights since we left. We are all tired. The skins on the Sky Jig are ripping. 10 bright lights after we left there is almost no wind and skins left. We land on some land. I can tell people lived there. I remake the Sky Jigs and replenish our food supply. I name this place Sap Green because my friend lived in a place called Sap Green. We leave again two bright lights after we arrive. Before we leave I gets some yellow crescent food and sweet plant. We also take yellow dotted food. We are about to leave when the ground starts to shake we see red stuff coming out we get on our Sky jigs and fly away. We look back Sap Green is exploding. I call this Sap Green exploding. We make it to big land in 3 bright lights. We land on big land. I spear one of the animals. When I skin it. but the skin curls up. This gives me an idea. I rip of a piece of skin. It rolls up. I throw it around. I sew it togher with tree stems. Then I put a flint point on the end. I call this a spear ball. I will use this as a weapon. Then I have another idea. I rip another piece out. It rolls up into a sphere. I sew it toghter. Just then, "I think Where is Clepo." I run back to the camp made of Sky Jigs. he is not there. I ask my wife and son if they had seen him. They say no. I think about where I had last seen him. He was on top of my Sky Jig because his wing was not completly better yet. When we set up the Sky Jig tent he was inside. Then I saw him come flying in. His wing was good again! He comes with me to work on the sphere. This is what it looks like.

Since I cannot add a spear point to it I make a game out of it. I climb up a tree and make a circle out of a stem. I climb down the tree and try to throw the sphere into the circle it is very hard. When I make it in a yell a word that makes no sense. It sounds like this Jali. I call this game Jaliball. Now it is time for us to go on Sky Jig I pack the Jaliball, the spear ball and some food. We go on Sky Jigs for 7 bright lights. Then we see medium size waters. We land and get more food before we cross these waters. It only takes 1 bright light to cross it. Then we stop and head northword to Sumer. We get to Sumer. I cannot find any caves that my friend might live. I relax with some Jaliball. It is getting too easy. I make two circles to shoot the Jaliball and 2 people play. Each person gets one basket and they compete to see who can get the most Jalis. I look hard for my friend MoJo. One day I look in a tree for MoJo. The I fall down and black out.

Much more to come soon... I'll try to get the pictures up also.

No comments: